Transdisciplinary Research for Pathways to Sustainability
Transdisciplinary Research for Pathways to Sustainability (Pathways 2020)
The Belmont Forum is pleased to announce the launch of a collaborative research networking call on the theme: Transdisciplinary Research for Pathways to Sustainability.
The goal of this CRA is to provide a science base for achieving sustainability goals. The CRA will support 1-2 years of collaborative research networking activities that focus on integrated qualitative and quantitative approaches to develop Earth-system-based transformation pathways for sustainable development.
- Call Opens: 23 July 2020 20:00 UTC
- Proposals Due: 31 October 2020 23:59 UTC
Towards Sustainability of Soils and Groundwater for Society
Copyright © 2016 Regents of the University of California.
Used by permission.
The Belmont Forum is pleased to announce the launch of a collaborative research call on the theme: Towards Sustainability of Soils and Groundwater for Society. The goal of this CRA is to produce the necessary knowledge and propose solutions to maintain well-functioning soils and groundwater systems in the Critical Zone (“Critical Zone” is a complex socio-ecological system in which water, rocks, soils living organisms, and societies interact at different timescales), or rehabilitate them where degraded, through:
- Better understanding of the long- and shorter-time dynamics and functions of soils and groundwater, impacts from societal (including economics) decisions, integrative management practices, public policies, and how these systems have been transformed; and,
- Providing avenues, pathways, and narratives toward transformation of management practices of the whole soil and groundwater systems through a fundamental shift of socio-economic actors’ practices and related-decisions making processes.
- Call Opens: 09 April 2020
- Registration Open: 09 April 2020
- Registration Closes: 23 July 2020, 13:59 UTC
- Proposals Open: on submission of registration
- Proposals Close: 24 August 2020, 13:59 UTC
Opportunities Under Review
There are no opportunities under review at this time.
For a full list of Collaborative Research Actions, visit the CRAs page.
Application Site and Process
Application systems and processes may vary from call-to-call. Many of our current and prior calls can be found at the Belmont Forum Grants Operations (BFGO) website. Please carefully review the materials for each specific call when preparing a proposal.
- Every proposal must include natural scientists, social scientists and stakeholders.
- There must be collaborators from at least three different countries on each proposal.
- Researchers from countries who are not funding agencies are not Belmont Forum members must submit their own monetary resources or in-kind funding.
- Only one proposal is submitted per team.
This proposal process flow chart provides an overview of the call, selection and funding procedures for application submissions. To learn more about the Belmont Forum process, please see the CRA development process and award mIlestones flow charts.
If you are interested in learning more about the application process, please watch this short video below that highlights eligibility requirements as well as the proposal and award process for our collaborative research actions.