- TOCO_DR, Theory of Change Observatory on Disaster Resilience
- DUAL, Data-driven Disaster Response Systems Dependent on Time of Day, Season and Location for Megacities
- Re-energize DR3, Re-Energize Governance of Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience for Sustainable Development
- RESIST, Resilient societies through smart-city technology: Assessing earthquake risk in ultra-high resolution
- ADRELO, Advancing Resilience in Low Income Housing Using Climate-Change Science and Big Data Analytics
Newest Belmont Forum Awardees Address Resilience and Risk in Disaster Scenarios
A new cohort of 5 projects focused on transdisciplinary approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (DR3) will be kicking off this month. The DR3 CRA, which was led and supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Chinese Taipei in partnership with funders from Brazil (FAPESP), Japan (JST), Qatar (QNRF), the UK (UKRI), and the US (NSF), is Belmont Forum’s first disaster-focused funding call.
The call was borne from a need for innovative approaches to prevention and response to a range of disaster scenarios. The results from these projects have the potential for local to global impact through their relevance to the Sendai Framework and Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Please join us in congratulating these 5 projects as they begin to embark on their collaborative research activities: